The 67th Signal Battalion was constituted 11 May 1942, in the Regular Army and activated 1 May 1943, at Camp Van Dorn, Mississippi. In February 1944, the Battalion moved to Louisiana Maneuver Area where it supported the 97th Infantry Division during the three month long D-series exercises. On 26 October 1944, the 67th received orders to deploy to the European Theater. After short stays in France and England in April 1945, the Battalion moved to Hilden Germany; it provided communications East and West of the Rhine River. During the Rhineland Campaign, the Battalion supported the 82nd, 101st and 17th Airborne Divisions and 94th Infantry Division. At the end of this campaign, as the Soldiers and Officers at the Battalion were prepared to deactivate and return to the United States, they received the order for deployment to the Far East. The 67th moved from Germany to Manila in August 1945 where it supported the 14th Corps in the Luzon area. The Battalion remained in the Philippines until deactivation on 5 April 1946.
On 25 April 1967, the 67th Signal Battalion was reactivated at Ft. Riley, KS. While at Ft. Riley, the 67th supported ROTC training, REFORGER Operations and furnished general post support. The Battalion moved to Ft. Gordon, GA in December 1971. From December 1971 until the fall of 1987 the Battalion supported the U.S. Army Signal Center with a range of activities, including field training for student Officers and the testing of new communications systems. In 1987, the 67th was equipped with the newly fielded Digital Group Multiplex and TRITAC communications systems. The 67th was called upon to deploy its new capabilities in support of large headquarters at major field training exercises from January 1989 until September 1990.
In September 1990, the Battalion received alert notification for deployment to Southwest Asia. Upon arrival in the area of operations, the Battalion was placed under operational control of the 11th Signal Brigade, which remained the parent unit of the 67th throughout Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. In October 1994, the 67th Signal Battalion was officially assigned to the 11th ESB, Ft. Gordon, GA. In February 1998, the 93rd Signal Brigade was reactivated on Ft. Gordon and the 67th was formally aligned as one of three subordinate Battalions.
After the tragic events of 11 September 2001, the 67th Signal Battalion became involved with Homeland Defense Initiative missions. The Numbered Armies of Continental United States (CONUS), 1st US Army and 5th US Army are now charged with the responsibility of establishing Joint Task Force Headquarters to coordinate disaster response. On 02 January, 2004, the 67th Expeditionary Signal Battalion received its initial call to duty in support of the War on Terrorism providing communications support to customers throughout different bases in Iraq. The Battalion deployed back to the United States on February, 2005. The Battalion would serve its country for two more rounds during this operation deploying again to Iraq in October, 2006 to January, 2008 and from August, 2009-July, 2010.
~ Ensure Force Protection. We are The Lightning Force! ~