Army Communicator Summer 2013 - One Army School System
Chief of Signal MessageLook Forward to Innovative Training
MG LaWarren Patterson
We are now halfway through fiscal year 2013 and I could not be prouder to be the Chief of Signal.
Here at the Signal Center of Excellence we continue working to implement the Army Learning Model and University System initiatives in order to provide the most effective and efficient learning solutions for our Regiment. I took my Regimental Command Sergeant Major and Chief Warrant Officer with me to Joint Base Lewis-McChord earlier this year to observe how the Military Intelligence community is leveraging technology to address their training requirements. With what we already have underway here at the SIGCoE and with lessons learned on that trip we are refining our Signal vision on how to best utilize training technologies.
One Army School System
The Army requires a school system that is responsive to the needs of the whole Army. To meet this challenge, the Army created the One Army School System. The OASS enables Active Component and Reserve Component Soldiers to receive high-quality and standardized education from any Army school, regardless of component, thus making the most effective use of existing school capacity and providing the Army with trained and ready Soldiers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Download the Full Army Communicator
- Army Communicator Index
- Major General Patterson's Priorities and Focus
- Chief of Signal Message - Continued Regiment success depends on leader development
- Regimental CWO Message - Training for future readiness needs
- Regimental CSM Message - Leaders must look toward future challenges
- Letter to the Editor
- Signal Ball 2013 - Regiment recognizes milestones, celebrates 'Smartphones to Satellites
- Distinguished Member of the Regiment MG (Ret) John L. Scott
- Distinguished Member of the Regiment LTC Reuben L. Abramowitz
- Distinguished Member of the Regiment CW5 (Ret) Wayne H. Jenson, Jr.
- Distinguished Member of the Regiment CSM (Ret) Thomas J. Clark
- Signal Corps general contributed to critical Army transitions
- One Army School System
- Army Learning Model Proof of Concept radically changes school
- 2nd Brigade, 100th Division reserve Component Contribution
- Mission Training Complex Sites Enabling Home Station Education
- Cloud services expanding
- NSA implementing new commercial strategy
- Tobyhanna overhauls Air Force training tool
- Combining BFT and UAS in Afghanistan
- MLOS improvement on the front line
- LTG Robert Grey Honored
Mr. Larry Edmond
For subscription or more information on topics, email the editor or call (706) 791-7204 (DSN 780).
Mail manuscripts to:
ATTN: ATZH-POM (Army Communicator)
Bldg 29808A (Signal Towers), Room 713
Fort Gordon, GA 30905