25N Nodal Network System Operator/Maintainer
A strong communication network is critical to the Army's success. In the past networking had been analog, using telephone switching systems as the backbone. Today's most modern technology is being applied to Mobile Networking, which fully utilizes the efficiency and bandwidth capabilities of TCP/IP. The 25N works the exciting and ever changing and adapting tasks which bring the TCP/IP model to the backbone of the Army's mobile networks. Over these voice (VoIP) and Data essential to the Army's mission success are dependent.
TRAININGJob training for a Nodal Networking Systems Operator-Maintainer requires nine weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills, followed by 21 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including hands-on training with mobile/nodal networking systems.
As a Nodal Networking Systems Operator-Maintainer career continues, they will have the opportunity to take more classes and receive more advanced training.
Training and classroom work will typically cover these topics:
- Maintaining various shelter systems which contain the network equipment.
- Operating and installing communication equipment.
- Operating diagnostic equipment specific to network shelters.
- Learning to isolate Faults and keep networks functioning at their optimum potential.
- Conference based learning atmosphere with instructor and students.
HELPFUL SKILLSHelpful attributes include:
- Interest in working with network equipment.
- Ability to apply electronic principles and concepts
- Previous training or experience with Router configurations
- Knowledge of Network Topologies.
- A good understanding of computers and servers.
- Good skill at problem solving and logical flow.
DSN = 312-780-XXXX